8/27/12

The Virginia Zoo

So I try to keep this blog mostly about house projects, but every once in awhile animals have a way of nosing their adorable faces in. This past Saturday my family attended Zoo Grooves at the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk. Zoo Grooves is a summer concert series held at the zoo. This last one featured a bluegrass band Town Mountain. I couldn't help but feature just a few of those aforementioned adorable faces we met. Here is a smattering of pictures of some of the animals...
Schnitz, the male Orangutan cuddling under his blanket. No wonder my mom needs her "Schnitz fix" weekly!

Pepper, the female Orangutan lounging and pondering the curiosities of life

Hitam, a female Siamang

New mama Hitam with her baby born only a few days before
This is the best picture we got of the Sun Bear, he wouldn't look up! He somehow reminded me of Millie, my dog though. Perhaps it was his shiny black coat and constant nose to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment