8/11/12

You're a long time in coming: thrift store chair

So a few years ago (yes, that's years) I found this little $5 beauty while thrifting...
Ok, so perhaps not a little beauty yet. But when you think of chairs like this...
...there is so much potential! This is an example from my favorite show The Dick van Dyke Show. The chair has a very similar design in the curve of the back. I think it's a barrel/tub chair?
After stripping, sanding, staining, sealing, and reupholstering, the chair was transformed. Never mind the process spanned about 2 1/2 years. After awhile it becomes easier and easier to ignore the half upholstered chair in the corner of the room. But anyway, here it is today...
  Are there projects you have procrastinated on?

1 comment:

  1. Never! I don't procrastinate.


    When should you like to finish my chair?

    ReplyDelete