4/25/14

Friday finds

I've been thrifting again! I came back with a few items I'm excited about.

First up is this adorable magazine rack...except for the hideous stained weird fabric part. The frame part I love though! And it was only $4.99. I'm picturing this in white leather or leather-like vinyl next to the sofa holding my laptop/cord and maybe a few magazines...cute?
I of course have a penchant for baskets and brass, so these guys had to come home with me.
I've been wanting a non-white small planter for my entry-way dresser so the brass one should work well with the larger white planter and tall turquoise canister I have there now. As for the basket one can never have too many. I'm picturing this with a bright pothos neon plant spilling out of it...everything is better as a planter in my opinion.

Next up is this cute little poster. He was cheap but oh so cheerful! Who knows what SABA stands for but who cares. I'm picturing him with a simple modern mid-tone wood or white frame (with glass, not acrylic) to clean him up a bit and will probably add him to my gallery wall in the living room...yes.
Finally I lost my mind temporarily and for some reason was drawn to this:
Large (4'2" x 3'4"), 1980s, and dare I say hotel-art-ish? Don't judge. But I think he'll look quite nice repainted in an abstract modern black and white and hanging over a couch. I'll probably leave the brass frame as is unless I feel bold and paint it emerald green or red-orange. The size is eye catching and I hope soon to be in a good way.

Have you found anything good or worth taking a risk on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment