4/3/14

Hairpin leg bench

Slowly my vision for our master bedroom is coming to life. I've been wanting to add a bench to the foot of our bed to help hide our laundry as well as a place to stow our extra pillows from our bed when we're sleeping that's out of reach of dog elbows and fur. I love Emma's bedroom complete with bench and baskets from the marion house book. Gorgeous! So on his day off, Brandon made this:
For the bench top we used a door purchased from Habitat for Humanity Restore. The hairpin legs we got from here. The laundry baskets are from Marshalls.
I like sleeping with two pillows, so rather than stealing Brandon's, I'm toying with the idea of adding simple washable cushions to the top that will serve as extra sleeping pillows at night. I like the look of these but of course want to sleep on something comfortable. Anyway, we'll see.

3 comments: